There are some big changes happening on the ol’ “Brace For Impact” blog and I thought I’d introduce them myself in my first ever “vlog!” (mobile users see below) It’s a bit long, for which I apologize, but as they say: “If I’d had more time, I would have made it shorter.” I talk about some really important things in my own personal life as well as major issues impacting journalism and the coverage of climate change. I really, really hope you’ll have the patience to see it to the end where I tell you all about my new project and the business plan associated with it. I’m really lifting the hood on my operations! -ha! Here are the highlights:
- I’m changing the format of my blog, “Brace for Impact”…and here’s why…
- I announce my new video series “deLuxe”
- Backing up, I talk about some of the problems in journalism, especially with respect to climate change coverage and why it led to me creating “Tipping Point.”
- I look at how everyone is trying to “get it free” …”it” being content, and how journalism suffers as a result and in turn, climate change coverage suffers…and then we all suffer!
- I talk about the crumbling separation of “church and state” or “editorial and advertising” and how that impacts climate change coverage and how that impacted my decision to cover climate change
- I tell the story of the evolution of the idea for “Tipping Point.”
- I talk about the unusual business plan that will hopefully make it a high quality and sustainable series
- I ask you to PLEASE sign up for my email and spread the word!
And of course…here’s Week 37′s climate change headlines and extreme weather blog:
Biblical Rains Visit Colorado After a Tour of India, Eastern Europe, Canada and Far East Russia Earlier This Year
NOTE: The above video is apparently not available for mobile devices, so here it is again for mobile users: